A Place To Worship !
A Place To Call Home !
A Place Where Everyone Is Welcomed !
Join Us For Worship This Sunday
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR CHURCH
We're thrilled you've decided to get to know us! Before you tour our site, we'd like to share a few things from our heart to yours. You see, Lake City Baptist Church is on a mission that is the foundation for everything we say, do, believe, and promote. Simply stated, our mission is to transform lives by leading others to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The example of Jesus loving our neighbors as ourselves (Matthew 22:36-40) is ingrained in our every effort to reach neighbors in our immediate community and around the world.
PRINCIPLES OF FAITH
Lake City Baptist Church is a family of believers with the following beliefs:
God--We believe that there is one God who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Jesus--We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, was holy God and holy man, lived a sinless life, died in our place as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave, and ascended into Heaven.
Christ Return--We believe that Jesus Christ will literally return to earth.
Holy Spirit--We believe that God the Holy Spirit is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation, and is the Comforter and Guide Who lives in every believer.
Bible--We believe that the Bible is the Word of God without any error, the sole authority for life and faith.
Man--We believe that man is a special creation of God, made in His image, but that through the sin of the first man, Adam, mankind fell so that all men are sinners and need salvation.
Salvation--We believe that salvation is a gift received through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Assurance--We believe that every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Eternity--We believe that those persons who die in their sins without Christ spend eternity in Hell and those persons who die with their sins forgiven through Christ spend eternity in Heaven.
Baptism--We believe that water baptism is an act of obedience to the command of Christ and is by immersion after salvation.
Church--We believe that the church is a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus Christ as the Head.
Prayer--We believe that each believer has direct access to God through the Lord Jesus Christ.
Government--We believe in the separation of church and state, but not in separation of God and government.
We exist to evangelize the lost, build up the saved, minister to the needs of others, and be conscience in the community.
SMALL CHURCH ADVANTAGES:
- The formation and sustenance of personal relationships. Lots of "T.L.G." (Touching, Loving, Giving).
- Workers understanding their role in relation with the whole.
- Opportunity for personal growth.
- Accountability for holy living for pastor and people.
- Involvement with a sense of responsibly. The small church provides both opportunity and encouragement for a higher percentage of people to be involved in ministry.
- Modeling of Christian character - teaching by example.
- The Pastor remains as a person. There is less chance of the unhealthy separation and idolizing the man. This also may mean the Pastor and family will receive more personal, emotional support. The small church may be able to more easily avoid the "Super Pastor" syndrome.
- Church as family can best be experienced in the small church.
- Renewal, restoration, and innovation can more easily take place.
- Flexibility of structure, being able to respond to change, to innovate, as well as respond to crisis needs and opportunities.
- The development and use of spiritual gifts (all of them) is more likely in the small church.
- There are unique opportunities available to the small church which may be less possible or manageable for the larger congregation.